February 03, 2007
Often I am asked, ” What are you doing?”
Nine out of ten times the answer is “working”.
When I had my store “Daffodil Hill” I loved writing my quarterly newsletter filled with my latest explorations. It was fun to give everyone a peak inside my overflowing mind. As of today, take a seat. We are all in for a wonderful ride. Join me for endless hours at the ironing board to loading the trailer for the next art fair, from behind the sewing machine to the sea of ribbon spools. Did I forget to mention the trials and tribulations of launching a new company. Ahhh..the joy of it all!
A word to the wise:
I am new to this blogging bit. I will try to be exciting and change my 9 out of 10 answer to something besides work.
Last night Gabe and I were googling Matilda Jane. Yes, I google Matilda Jane. It’s fun for me to see such an array photos I wouldn’t see if I didn’t. It brought me to my old blog. I laughed when I saw it was exactly 7 yrs ago! Happy Seven Year Blog Anniversary.
And let’s take a quick glance at my life 7 years ago.
1. Gabe had just turned 1 and was into EVERYTHING
2. I had just got the “red table”. I just noticed the Patagonia catalog on it. Still love Patagonia today.
3. I was doing Art Fair and my garage was my warehouse.
4. Chris. Oh, Chris. Loved that girl and still. She now runs the warehouse at MJC. I moved a few blocks down so I don’t get to see her as much…but gosh I love her.
5. Laker Hockey. The boys and I went to almost every game for 4 years. It was such a great time. Still huge fans.
6. My make shift office, though I admit this was totally staged for a photo shoot.
7. Only thing that has changed in that photo is the baby food!
8. Lulu. Only thing different is she is now 12. You’ll still see her in photoshoots and we are still neighbors.
9. YUP….see #1.
10. How were they that little. Gabe and Joe have outgrown the sled and are now skiing/snowboarding.
11. I had just met Betsy King. She photographed our family that year and has many since. Reminds me I still owe her money!
12. This was the girl who helped me start trying to do Trunk Shows. My fave art fair customer. We both got so busy trying to make MJC work that are lives became completely separate and we lost our friendship. My one regret.
13. I had so many of these “unpredictable” onsies that Gabe wore them just about everyday. Someone had to.
14. Sweet Joe. He still loves Matilda Jane as much as he always has. Seriously, he has a big opinion in the clothing world.
15. Carlee. Her mom, Renae, runs the warehouse Chris. She’s no longer my neighbor but man, love that girl. Without her or Chris I’m not really sure we would be celebrating the 7yr anniversary. 7 years ago we were all neighbors. Babysitting, sewing buttons, ironing, loading trucks and being great friends was our life.
Seven years ago. I am so happy I decided to start blogging. Some days better than others. Looking back has been so much fun.
P.S. I gotta finish looking at pics on Facebook then I’ll post by tomorrow the winners.