It’s no secret that we at MJC think getting dressed in the morning should be fun. There’s nothing quite like turning an ordinary task into an exercise in creativity, is there?
We aim to help you and your little gal fill your closets with colorful, beautiful, unique creations that turn question “What do I want to wear today?” into “Who do I want to be today?” Whether you’re feeling pretty in pink or like a tomboy princess, we always want Matilda Jane to put a smile on your faces. It’s that simple.
In order to make those smiles even wider, we’d like to introduce our first-ever Pinterest contest!
Matilda Jane Clothing “MJC Dream Closet” Giveaway on Pinterest
Official Rules and Disclosure
“NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING”
1. HOW TO ENTER THE MJC DREAM CLOSET GIVEAWAY (the “Promotion”): There are two (2) ways to enter the Promotion.
1. To Enter Online: Beginning May 16, 2013, at 12:01 a.m. (ET) through May 30, 2013, at 11:59 p.m. (ET) (the “Termination Date”), go to Pinterest, become a member (membership on Pinterest is free and can be obtained by visting www.pinterest.com and following the onscreen instructions), “follow” Matilda Jane Clothing, launch a Pinterest Board with the name “My MJC Dream Closet,” add your favorites from matildajaneclothing.com, tag all the pins on your “My MJC Dream Closet” board with #matildajaneclothing and #MJCdreamcloset, and comment on your pin with a link to your “My MJC Dream Closet” board. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on the Termination Date to be included in the random drawing (each an “Eligible Entry”). The drawing will be conducted on June 10, 2013 by Matilda Jane Clothing Company, Inc. (“MJC”), whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Winners will receive a USD $1,000.00 gift card to Bed Bath & Beyond and a USD $250.00 MJC gift card. (Total ARV: USD $1250.00).
2. To Enter by Mail: Between May 16, 2013 and May 30, 2013 (the “Entry Period”), hand print your full name, complete home address, day and evening phone numbers, email address (if any), and age on a 3 x 5 inch piece of paper and send it by United States mail in a sealed envelope no larger than 9 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ (a #10 envelope) with correct postage to “MJC DREAM CLOSET GIVEAWAY – ENTRY” c/o MJC DREAM CLOSET GIVEAWAY, 4031 Merchant Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46818. All mail-in entries must be received by MJC during the Entry Period. No facsimiles, photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries allowed. Use of any automated system to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
2. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected in random drawing from the aggregate of all qualified entries received. There will be one drawing. Winners will be notified via phone, e-mail, or postal mail, at MJC’s sole discretion, within 5 days following the drawing. Winners’ List: For a list of Winners or copy of these Official Rules, please visit www.matildajaneclothing.com or send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope postmarked by May 30, 2013, to: MJC DREAM CLOSET GIVEAWAY RULES AND WINNERS LIST REQUEST, 4031 Merchant Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46818. All prizes will be awarded assuming sufficient eligible entries are received, and in no event will more prizes be awarded than as stated. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of a Winner. If applicable, winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the actual retail value of the prize. Winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize any and all costs of verification, and redemption or travel to redeem the prize.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age or older (an “Entrant”). The Promotion is void outside of the territory and where prohibited or restricted by law. Limit one (1) entry per household. The Promotion, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the eligible territory, and entrants must be present in the eligible Promotion territory at the time they enter. Entries become the property of MJC for promotional and other use, and by entering you agree to assign any and all rights in and to the entries, and copyrights thereof, to MJC. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the e-mail address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the e-mail address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Employees of MJC, its affiliates, and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
4. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering this contest, each Entrant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide by all contest rules (“Official Rules”) and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Promotion. Participation in this Promotion constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of MJC, its affiliates, employees and agents, which are final, binding and non-negotiable in all respects. Online Entrants must have a valid e-mail address, and it is Entrant’s responsibility to update MJC of any change in e-mail address. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted, except MJC reserves the right to substitute for prize an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. All federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. A Winner, by its principal or other legal representative, may be required to sign and return a Liability Release, and, where legally permissible, a Publicity Release within seven (7) business days following the date of first attempted notification of the Winner by MJC. A Winner, by its principal or other legal representative, must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility prior to taking possession of the prize within seen (7) business days following the date of first attempted notification of the Winner by MJC. Failure to comply with either deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Entry into the Promotion constitutes permission for MJC to use Entrant’s or Winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical material, and/or Eligible Entry (including an altered form of the Eligible Entry) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Entrants and Winners agree to hold MJC, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Promotion or acceptance or use of the prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Further MJC is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of the prize. MJC reserves the right at is sole discretion to cancel, terminate, suspend, or amend this Promotion at any time and for any reason without prior notice. MJC further reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at any time without prior notice, at its sole discretion.
5. INTERNET: MJC is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by MJC on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, MJC reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion. MJC reserves the right to select winners from Eligible Entries received as of the Termination Date. MJC further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. MJC may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Promotion if it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices or intending to abuse, threaten, or harass other Entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, MJC reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
7. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts located within the territory included within the federal Northern District of the State of Indiana; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”); and (4) Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Indiana law, without giving effect to its conflicts of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.