It seems like everyone is talking about Mother’s Day here in MJC Land, so what better to tell you about today than how incredible MY mom is! I know I can’t tell you everything I love about her, but a few of my favorites popped into my head and I just want to share them with you.
- Our shared love of Diet Cokes from McDonald’s- I come by it honestly! She just gets it that Diet Coke tastes better from McDonald’s (sorry, Dad!).
- She graduated with her Ph.D last December! Not only that, but while she was writing her dissertation she still worked at her regular job, she helped planned the most amazing wedding ever for my sister, and she took care of my grandfather when he was extremely ill for a period of time. She is SUPER WOMAN!!!
- Our little code words and inside jokes that no one else would even think are slightly funny, but we can laugh about them until we cry. (HGA??!)
- Even though my sister and I are all grown up now, she still goes out of her way to make holidays, and even just normal days special. For the first time ever, I didn’t get to see her on Easter morning this year. So she made arrangements and gave my Easter basket to my friend’s mom whose family I ate dinner with- so that I could still have an Easter basket on Easter. Isn’t that the cutest?
- And lastly, but most importantly, the thing I love the most about her is that she is MY mom. She is the only person in the world I can just sit down with and unload everything to- the good, the bad, and the ugly. I can talk to her about things that I am so excited about, but I can’t tell anyone about yet so that if it doesn’t work out I won’t have looked dumb in front of everyone. I can act completely ridiculous and silly with her, or tell her how completely overwhelmed I am by life and how I hate that I can’t control it- without having to worry about keeping it all together in front of her. Even when I’m not with her, one of these talks over the phone makes me feel better than a thousand new pairs of shoes or trips to Zesto for ice cream could make me feel! She always knows exactly what to say (or what not to say), even if it is something I don’t feel like hearing at the time! And I have definitely been finding out lately that she is pretty much ALWAYS right. There, Mom, I said it- You were right!!
I feel so crazy blessed and lucky and everything else to have realized NOW while I’m still young just how awesome my mom is. I am not normally a sentimental or emotional type of person, but right now I’m totally tearing up- she’s that good!! And maybe all of you lucky ladies coming to Art Fair will get the chance to meet her. I think she is just as excited for it as the ladies who have little girlies to buy for!
Happy Mother’s Day to all!! I hope you have the most amazing weekend ever!