Summer is one of our favorite times of the year for SO many reasons! Birds chirping, sun shining, flowers blooming — we love all the sounds, smells, tastes and feels of summertime. With many of our summer days spent in the hot sun, there’s nothing more refreshing than an ice-cold beverage when you get inside! We recently tried out a super delicious and oh-so-refreshing summer beverage that we just had to share with you!
This Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresca from the Mildly Meandering Blog is our new summer drink of choice. This fruity beverage takes just five minutes to whip up, making it a great one for the kiddos to help out with. Not to mention, with zero added sugars, you can feel good about making this drink for the whole family (without any added sugar crashes). Plus, it has our all-time favorite summer fruit — watermelon!
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresca Recipe
- 5 cups watermelon, cubed
- 3/4 cup sparkling water
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Optional: lime wedge and sprigs of mint for garnish
- Add watermelon and lime juice to a blender and blend until well combined.
- Use a fine mesh strainer to strain out any remaining pulp.
- Pour into a large pitcher, along with sparkling water.
- Serve over ice, garnishing with a lime wedge and a sprig of fresh mint if you’d like.
It’s that easy! We’ll be enjoying this yummy drink all summer long!