I’ll try to keep this short and sweet.
It seems a little early to be reflecting on summer, I admit, but now that August and a brand new fall collection are here, it’s probably time to acknowledge that we’ll soon be saying “See ya!” to summer. In so many ways, this has felt like a summer full of gratitude. The list of things to be thankful for is certainly long, but here are a few of the things on our minds this afternoon:
– Art Fair this year was a blast. From the pre-party to saying goodbye to the last shoppers, meeting all of you face-to-face was as wonderful as we thought it would be! And seeing all your little gals having fun in their Matilda Jane is the best reminder that we love what we do here.
– Dress Rehearsal was equally as wonderful. To returners and newbies, alike–we’re so grateful to have you representing us and bringing smiles to moms and little girls across the country. You make us proud!
– Every time another promise of a sponsorship comes through for the Mighty Acorn Foundation, it feels like a little victory. We know that the journey toward bettering the lives of these children will be emotionally involved and sometimes slow, but we so appreciate the efforts of all of you that have made that commitment!
– Last but not least, the daily flood of words of encouragement for Denise has been overwhelming in the best possible way. We see it on the blog, on Facebook, in emails, and it feels so good to know that the love is really pouring in from every direction.
Thank you. We can’t say it enough–thank you.
As is the typical Matilda Jane way, we want to show our gratitude by turning around, reaching out, and giving right back. I’d say another Spread the Love is in order!
Do you drive by a certain house on the way to school and see kids playing in the yard that you think would love a huge surprise box on their door? Do you know a group of little girls, a crew of teachers at school, or a sweet lady at the grocery checkout that would just light up at being shown a little random kindness? Maybe you’d like to send something special to a friend who is down on her luck, but never fails to help you keep a smile on your face!
We’re sure your full of wonderful ideas and we can’t wait to hear them!
There’s really only one guideline to know for Spread the Love–you must be COMPLETE when sending us your information. It’s that simple.
In an email to firstname.lastname@example.org please include…
– Name(s) — or UKNOWN if applicable
– Full shipping address
– Ages and sizes of recipients (Give us your best guess if you’re not sure.)
– Any information about something you think they would REALLY love to receive!
We can’t wait to see all of your thoughtful emails and stories come through! So put your thinking caps on and keep your eyes open for those special people in your life that could use a little surprise… We are oh-so-excited to make it happen!