Sweet and Simple Valentine’s Day Recipe Ideas
How is it that every year Valentine’s Day seems to sneak up on us? The first few weeks of the New Year always fly by with getting back into your routine and then — BOOM — it’s February! Holidays are a pretty big deal around the Matilda Jane office. At any given time during a holiday week, you can expect to see some sort of yummy treat or festive snack just around the corner. We may be slightly biased but we think our associates are simply the best — both at doing their jobs and whipping up delicious desserts!
Whether you’re throwing a little Galentine’s Day gathering or need to make some quick treats for your kiddo’s class, here is a little recipe inspiration for the sweetest day of the year!
Jill’s White Chocolate Party Mix
1 10 oz. package of mini pretzels
5 cups Cheerios
5 cups Corn Chex
2 cups peanuts
1 lb. of M&Ms (pink and red variety)
2 packages of white chocolate chips
3 tbsp oil
1. In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients, then set aside.
2. Microwave white chocolate chips and oil for two minutes. Stir until smooth.
3. Pour chocolate over cereal mixture and mix.
4. Spread onto three wax paper-lined cookie sheets and let cool.
5. Break pieces apart and enjoy!
“This is quick and easy to make — you really can’t mess it up. Not to mention, it’s addicting!” – Jill C., Human Resources
Ali’s Pretzel Hugs Valentine Treats
1 bag of square pretzels
1 bag of Hershey’s Hugs
Heart sprinkles or pink and red M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 200°
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, spreading out pretzels
3. Unwrap all chocolates placing one on top of each pretzel
4. Place in oven for 3 – 4 minutes
5. Immediately press heart sprinkles (or M&Ms) onto top of each chocolate and press down
6. Let cool in refrigerator for 20 minutes before enjoying
“Our family loves these festive, little treats! They’re simple to make, adorable in a heart-shaped bowl and you cannot stop at just one (so make plenty)!” – Ali N., Sales Operations
Kaylee’s Rice Krispie Treats
6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
8 cups mini marshmallows
4 tbsp butter
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional: red food coloring, festive sprinkles
1. Melt butter in a large pan on low heat.
2. Once melted, add six cups of marshmallows and vanilla extract. Slowly let marshmallows melt.
3. Before marshmallows are fully melted, add remaining marshmallows and milk. Stir until marshmallows begin to melt.
4. Add in cereal, stirring until fully coated with marshmallow fluff mixture.
5. Pour into a greased pan (8×11) and spread out.
6. Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
Note: If you plan to add a few drops of food coloring to make them festive, do this between steps three and four! If you want to add festive sprinkles, do so before letting it cool.
“These are the best, gooey-est rice krispie treats ever! They’re always a crowd pleaser, no matter the holiday!” – Kaylee W., Digital Marketing