Guess what guys……
I know it’s early but it is MY MOST FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR. Hands Down.
But first I gotta tell you a story. It’s always on my mind and I am certain it may be on yours too. At one time I thought, yes, back in the high school years, that no one could break my heart like those dang highschool boyfriends. (I’d say college too, but David and I have dated since my first day and he’s pretty dang awesome). So back to that heart break. Your world shattered. Aghhh…so many nights late on the phone to Renee or Bobby (my HS besties). This is totally gonna date me, but do you remember when you had to call the operator to “break a line”? And caller i.d. was the new gig in town.
Anyways, I gotta tell you…those high school boys have nothing on my Joe and Gabe. Did you ever imagine how much you could love your children. It is crazy. Did you ever imagine how your heart could break every time their’s seemed broken? Holy cats, PAINFUL. Joe is growing up so much. He’s between a kid, a boy and a man. So I guess he’s a guy? I’m so nervous a girl is gonna break his heart. Oh my!
My point really is…..it hurts to see your kids sad. And when they smile that “HOLY SMOKES GLOWING SMILE” it melts your heart cuz you know their heart is smiling too. Love it.
SPREAD THE LOVE
For silly things like gifts under the tree, no hearts should be broken. And that’s why we do Spread the Love.
It’s your chance to nominate a friend, a neighbor, a teacher or your own kids. It’s not about not having a gift under the tree. It’s about “This family or child really makes me smile. They warm my heart and I want to put that ELEMENT OF SURPRISE SMILE on their face.” So think of a family or child or anyone that works hard, pours their heart out to others every day or maybe just had their heart ripped apart. And NOMINATE THEM at firstname.lastname@example.org. (see rules below..IMPORTANT RULES)
What I need you to do is email us at email@example.com. Tell us why your are nominating this family or child. The deal is, SPREAD THE LOVE IS ANONYMOUS. We don’t write your name anywhere. If your nomination is chosen a box will arrive somewhere between the week before and week of Christmas. The box will have some perfectly picked out gifts and of course, an outfit or 2.
Now the IMPORTANT RULES that will help tremendously.
- Submit full name, ages and address of the family members you are nominating. One submission per email
- Let us know about your nomination. What’s the mom/and or dad like? Do they have a favorite???? and their size. What about the kids? What do they love? and their size. Yes, you can guess on sizes. But do give us one. Your guess will be better than mine.
- Please send ALL INFORMATION IN ONE EMAIL. This is a super busy random act of kindness we do, and searching for details takes time away from wrapping the gifts.
- Please know, we try our best to answer emails about Spread the Love. But in truth… this is a side job for us and in order to get our daily jobs done at Matilda Jane we don’t have a ton of time. We send out over 100 Spread the Loves and have just 2-3 girls shopping, wrapping, writing notes and boxing it up then shipping.
- You will NOT be notified from MJC if your Spread the Love was chosen. It’s all about the joy of giving, all about a random act of kindness, so we take all names off and let it be an anonymous gift cuz they deserve it!
I think I covered it all. But I still have what they call “chemo brain” and I’m not up on my game so much these days. Please leave a comment if you have a question and I will respond in the comment section. Thanks guys – Denise
TOP NOTE: ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE EMAILED TO firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT LEAVE IN COMMENT BOX.